We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you:
- Address including postal code and telephone numbers
- customer financial information (including credit card numbers, drivers licence number, and household income) if needed for financing
- purchase history
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computers location
- what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
- invoice number and amount if using Interac Online
How do you use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- to complete a sale or transaction with you
- to verify your credit, if necessary
- to place special orders on your behalf
- to deliver products directly to you
If it is a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company. For eg., when you apply for financing, we pass on your personal information to a finance agency so they can complete a credit check. We also pass on your name and address to a shipping company in order to deliver equipment
We also use your personal information for other, secondary reasons, including:
- customer service
- marketing (Brown Heating & Cooling use only)
- as part of a warranty program
We will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit, place an order or arrange for an installation or return a purchase, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called opting out. By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information and/or not to share it with other companies.
How do I get more information?
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Brown Heating & Cooling
780 Ontario St., Stratford, ON